Monday, October 02, 2006

Footy Time

The same thing happens every year. I look forward to the start of the new EPL/Eredivisie/La Liga/Serie A/Champs League season all summer long and then forget all about it once it gets here. I take that back... I usually pay attention for the first couple weeks but then forget about it for three or four months.

With college football arriving in September whatever is happening over in Europe becomes an afterthought until January or February when the games are played in earnest all over Europe. Just like every other year that I've paid attention to the other footy I've forgotten about it during September and October.

Neither of my two teams have performed like I had hoped. West Ham is lurking near the bottom of the EPL table in what has been a very disappointing start to the season, and AJAX lost to FC Kobenhavn in the 3rd Qualifying Round of the UEFA Champions League. However AJAX is currently topping the Dutch table and I think they can hold that top spot all year. I think they are the class of the Eredivisie. West Ham I think will resuscitate their performance very soon and get back on track. I see the Hammers finishing upper-mid table in May.

Anyway I'm supporting Olympique Lyonnais to finally win the Champs League this year.

1 Comments:

Blogger S said...

i know, man. i know. that weekend in the middle of august when it all starts, your like, YES!! then two weeks later, its all about college football. its alright though, right about march/april i get back into it, but it still sucks cause you don't really know wtf is going on.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home