Thursday, September 21, 2006

uncivil war divides the nation

song clue: the river

I think reading Signposts put me in an almost apocalyptic mood for the last couple of weeks. The longer I think about today's suburban and exurban society the more I wonder about the direction of American in general. I don't mean that as a political statement, but essentially everything is political.

Other things I've noticed:

I become increasingly aggravated when politics is discussed on the left/right spectrum, especially when people refer only to terms such as "conservative" and "liberal". It is a major flaw of our current political system that two parties dominate the proceedings. The idea of a party masks the issues and the people we select to run our governments.

I've become much more appreciative of rain over the last few weeks. No, I'm not depressed. Actually I really enjoy the energy in the air, the negative ions (as I like to call them) in the air just before a storm hits.

I really don't agree with the way college has turned into a glorified tech school. I think the concept of developing ideas has become lost among the shuffle for higher gpa's and better paying jobs. What does gpa really show anyway? That the higher the gpa is the higher the tolerance level for irrelevant bullshit is?

I really disagree with the characters who are putting almost all the blame for the LSU loss on the refs. I have always thought that we should always perform well enough to offset the refs... no matter how bad they are. Bottom line, it ain't the refs fault we lost. We had our chances. Get over it. Beat Tulane.

By the way, I hate Public Relations and Advertising. That is my worst class hands down. They should rename the class to "How to sell your soul."

AP style is gay and irrelevant to how good a writer is.

Just thought I'd throw that in.

4 Comments:

Anonymous tigersmack said...

heh. sounds like somebody needs to go get drunk.

9:43 AM  
Blogger PurpleTiger006 said...

dude, the most irrelevant class there but most entertaining, was classical studies. i know greek and roman mythology didn't do anything for my major, but it did help my gpa.

oh, by the way, we all need to get drunk.

4:01 AM  
Anonymous tigersmack said...

fountain of easy A's: undergrad social work courses. or at least that's how it was in the late 80's and early 90's.

7:13 AM  
Blogger S said...

latin american music appreciation

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home