Saturday, August 12, 2006

I Hoped to Find You This Mornin' Talkin to the Trees

Alright time for some football talk. At some point over the summer I was contacted about starting an LSU blog over on the sports blog network where the Kyle and Nico have their homes. As much as I love what those guys do over there... that ain't for me. First of all Dandy Don already is the King of LSU bloggers in my opinion. Secondly I don't have the kind of drive to post every day about college football. I like what I have going on here where my blog can flow to my own rhythm, whether that's falling off the face of the Earth for three months like I did this summer or getting excited for the Champs Leagues Final or the college football season.

Anyway to start things off here is my top 10 going into the season:

1- Ohio State
2- Auburn
3- Texas
4- USC
5- Notre Dame
6- LSU
7- Georgia
8- West Virginia
9- Miami
10- Cal

-Now just cause I rank Ohio State at the top doesn't necessarily mean I think they will capture the title. Really this may be the hardest season to pick in a very very long time.

-LSU's schedule is obviously not favorable. I know a lot of folks are talking about our eight home games, and to an extent I agree. I don't think we should be playing eight home games a year, but considering we lost a home game last year and we have a home/home with Tulane and we are completing a home/home with Arizona this year it is certainly understandable.

-JaMarcus Russell will be starting on September 2, there are no doubts in my mind about that. However, I don't think he should have too much room for error, very little room for error really. He'll start the first two games, and if he doesn't do what he's supposed to in those two games then I think Flynn or Perilloux should take the helm for the game against the 'Barners.

-My goal for the season is SEC Championship and top-5 finish. Honestly that is what we should have had last year but our no-shows against Georgia and Tennessee in the second half didn't help us at all.

More shite later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home