Thursday, August 10, 2006

Back in Baton Rouge

Well I just got back to Baton Rouge today and I am definitely ready to get started. To be honest I almost exited off of I-12/I-10 and on to Airline Highway/Highway 61 to keep going straight up to Memphis and St. Louis and on and on all the way up to Hibbing, Minnesota (VERY appropriate run-on sentence). But alas I stayed in Red Stick. In a bit I will hopefully get around to writing about some of this stuff but here is a nice rundown of the cd's I bought this summer and the books I read:

CD's (a lot of this was less in order of discovery and more in order of fleshing out my collection):

-Ryan Adams- Gold
-Ryan Adams- Cold Roses
-Beck- Odelay
-Big Star- #1 Record/Radio City
-Black Rebel Motorcycle Club- Howl
-Blur- Parklife
-Drive-By Truckers- A Blessing and a Curse
-Bob Dylan- Highway 61 Revisited
-Elvis Costello & Allen Toussaint- The River in Reverse
-Gram Parsons- GP/Grievous Angel
-The Jayhawks- Hollywood Town Hall
-Jerry Garcia, David Grisman, and Tony Rice- The Pizza Tapes
-Matisyahu- Live at Stubb's
-My Morning Jacket- It Still Moves
-My Morning Jacket- Z
-Bruce Springsteen- Seeger Sessions
-Toots and the Maytals- The Very Best Of
-Uncle Tupelo- No Depression
-Uncle Tupelo- 89/93 Anthology
-Whiskeytown- Faithless Street
-Wilco- Being There
-Neil Young- Harvest

Books:
-On the Road- Jack Kerouac
-Into the Wild- Jon Krakauer
-Wind, Sand, and Stars- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
-Chronicles vol. 1- Bob Dylan

I'll write more later but I can tell you that each of those four books really left a huge impression on me. More to come later, including football stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home