Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Arsenal Advances

Well despite a mostly lackluster performance Arsenal advanced to the Champions League final earlier today by drawing Villareal. Villareal had several chances most notably an open netter for Forlan and a penalty for Riquelme but could not take the advantage. Its unfortunate too because Villareal in the Final would have been a great story considered Villareal is only a town and how they are built around Riquelme, etc. Anyway despite a mostly vanilla performance from Juan Roman Riquelme I feel obliged to add him to my list of players who I can't help but cheer for (I also really liked Javi Venta):

-Rafael Van Der Vaart (Hamburg)
-Juan Carlos Valeron (Deportivo)
-Hedwiges Maduro (AJAX)
-Cesc (Arsenal)
-Kaka (Milan)
-Florent Malouda (Lyon)
-Urby Emanuelson (AJAX)
-Riquelme (Villareal)
-Juninho Pernambucano (Lyon)
-Sneijder (AJAX)
-Huntelaar (AJAX)
-Jamie Carragher (Liverpool)
-Ledley King (Tottenham)
-Raul (Real Madrid, my first football "hero")

Anyway I hope Barcelona win tomorrow even though I always cheer for Kaka... Ronaldinho deserves to play in the final nad I would love to see him face off against Henry.... the two most exciting players on the planet I think.


Anyway as for other topics.... well LSU's SG is taking themselves WAAAYYYY too seriously. If I get around to it I will talk a bunch about that tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Newspaper Hack said...

That match was unwatchable. And that says something, coming from a guy who thinks 6-3 football games are edge-of-your-seat excitement.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Yeah Arsenal did absolutely nothing and Villareal weren't exactly at the top of their game. As I said earlier today that really pisses me off.... teams with that much talent should be able to play a decent game.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home