Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sunday/Widespread Panic blogging

I had to drive home for today cause my dad is borrowing my car for the next couple days while his gets pimped out by the ghettoest body shop in Mandeville. Well not really- and anyway the ghettoest body shop in Mandeville is to ghetto body shops what Fall Out Boy is to alternative music.

Anyway I told him I didn't think he could drive a car with a Widespread Panic bumper sticker. He said he'd deal with it. Whenever I get around to getting a Dead Steal Your Face sticker I think he will no longer be interested in driving my car. He's in to alternative music or whatever since he was at LSU in the mid-80's but he doesn't have the thing for jam bands that I do. Thats alright he made me a fan of Better Than Ezra, REM, New Order, The Cure, The Police, Jimmy Buffett, Tom Petty, Jackson Browne, Sting, Squeeze, Rebirth, Soul Rebels, Dirty Dozen, Professor Longhair, Dr. John, The Clash, The Rolling Stones, etc. Too bad my cd player or tape player doesn't work in my car otherwise he could rock out to "Barstools and Dreamers" though.

LSU lost. Yawn. Who are we playing in the tourney?

That comes at 5, and I'm shaking with excitement. Well not really but I can't fuckin wait.

Two people I have to point out in the "blogosphere": Kyle at Dawg Sports has been covering my suggestions for the Top 25 SEC days from nearly every angle. I commend him for the work he has put in. I made a comment about Champ Bailey's performance against the Tigers a few years ago without logging in and he assumed I was a Dawg fan. Which is fine I guess. Honestly if I had to choose an SEC school to attend besides LSU I'd probably go to UGA.

Also I want to mention Josh Britton. In addition to being a columnist for the Reveille he also has a wonderfully-run blog which covers mostly political things I guess. Anyway he is a MC student like me and has also been very interested in the LSU System President saga like me. The whole issue seems very... skechy I guess (although not as skechy as Hack's apartment complex).

Oh yeah- Tiger Smack is back up and running and I gotta say- I love it. His Suck Awards are dead on. If I had any suggestions for awards I'd give them to the entire Baton Rouge road system and Lone Star Steakhouse on Acadian. I ate there one time and hated every second of it. The food wasn't good, the service was bad, the music wasn't loud enough, and the other customers were of a completely different section of the population than me and my buddies (as in upper middle-aged). It was basically over-priced bad Outback.

4 Comments:

Anonymous TigerSmack said...

Thanks for the mention. Speaking of ghettos and pimpage and such, check out our new Monday feature. Today's edition fits right in with that theme. :)

I was also at LSU in the mid 80s. Sadly, I was still there in the mid 90s. But on the plus side, I got to listen to lots of great music.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Mandeville has ghetto places? You mean to tell me yall didn't keep all that crap confined to New Orleans, Slidell, and Kentwood?

8:01 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

no- but thats precisely the point. Slidell can get pretty ghetto though, and Covington has its areas. One of my buddies owns like half of Kentwood and I stayed there a couple times- Kentwood is nice if you own all the land I guess.

New Orleans... well my family moved out of New Orleans after a couple thugs broke into our house and robbed us at gun point. This was back when I was a baby and my parents were just out of college and so had like ten bucks. That's when suburbia started calling their name.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Well, my parents were never robbed at gun point, but they decided to finally move out of the trailor park when a torrnado missed them on way to throwing around a few other trailors like ragdolls in the park. Funny how truamatic experiences of our parents dictated where we grew up.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home