Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I Went Down to the Crossroads...

In addition to what I just posted I'd like to make a few things clear.

-I really would appreciate it if I was referred to as Ryan, not Tiger Boy.

-I was wrong in labelling the other La Public Colleges as "shitty".

-LSU(BR) has tougher admission standards than any other state school.

-The programs taught at LSU are my diverse (in terms of fields) than any other school in the state.

-Many schools have programs that others in the area don't. Examples are ULM and pharmaceuticals and NSU and aviation sciences.

-Some students prefer to remain close to home for college.

-The people I know at state schools besides LSU are people who A)Didn't get into LSU B)Failed out of LSU or C)Studying something not offered at LSU.

-The majority of those students fall under A and B.

-Those students have almost always told me that their college was easier than high school was.

-Essentially the argument doesn't matter because college, like high school, is what you make of it. You may have come through a program that wasn't as strong as another but have worked hard and taken more from it than somebody else in the other program. I know people who wasted $5,000 on tuition to go to Saint Paul's every year for five years and didn't take anything out of the experience because they didn't TRY to take anything out of the experience. So regardless of which school is better than the other or whether they are equal it is ultimately down to the student to get out of it what they need to get out of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Newspaper Hack said...

The way I see it, you're doing something right if someone is THAT pissed off. That's why when some Auburn fan sent me an email -- an email! -- with an extended rant about academic standards at Bama, UAB and Auburn, I smiled and deleted it.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home