Saturday, February 18, 2006

Weekend Update

Well I am mostly occupied this weekend but here are the highlights and plans:

-My alma mater Saint Paul's School in Covington, La won the District Championship in basketball last night. When I was at SPS I was a devoted follower of the exploits of our basketball team. I will definitely make an attempt to attend the first round playoff game.

-LSU travels to Auburn this afternoon. Prediction: LSU 77 Auburn 60

-My hometown of Mandeville, La held its first Mardi Gras parade last night as the Krewe of Eve rolled through the suburban streets. I was there to watch as the ladies of the Northshore threw to the crowds. This Eve parade was like most: they didn't really throw to much but exciting in that it kicked off the parade season.

-I don't plan on making any more parades this weekend either on the Northshore (north of Lake Pontchartrain) or in New Orleans. But next week/weekend will put me in New Orleans for most of the festivities.

-Later on I plan on updating more of my links to include more daily reads: EarFarm, Big Soccer, Du Nord, Hey Jenny Slater, Ajax America, and of course David Byrne's website.

-I also have some posts in the works regarding those updates, a response to some of Heismanpundit's insanity, my response to Kyle's challenge, the concert listings for the area for the next week or so, and a rundown of the Mardi Gras parades in New Orleans next week.

-I also plan on giving readers a helpful suggestion of what songs to listen to in order to get in that Mardi Gras spirit. Expect a heavy dose of Professor Longhair and Doctor John.

-Plus I have to study for a Poli Sci test. Fun.

-And I might link a few selections from the Reveille from the last week.

Musical suggestion (for now): New Order- "Ceremony"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home