Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Sporting Updates

Today is the second half of the first of leg of the UEFA Champions League Round of 16. My predictions for today's matches:

Rangers-Villareal- (Glasgow) I think Rangers will take a shock lead early on but play will slow down considerably because the Scots will want to protect the lead. Riquelme should be in the lineup for the Spanish side and that should make all the difference. In the second half all the chances will go to Villareal and sooner or later they will hit one. Prediction: 1-1

Werder Bremen-Juventus- (Bremen) I'm not much of an authority on German football but I do know that Juve is playing some of the best football in the world right now. Thus Werder will have a tough time ahead taking the points. I look to see a game here where Juve go out to get a goal and sit on the lead. I think Trezeguet will score for Juve and they will protect that lead. The key for them is to not let Klose or Klasnic not get too many chances. Prediction: 0-1 Juventus

Chelsea-Barcelona- (London) Ahh yes, the draw of the tournament this year. Who will take it here? Will it be Chelsea with Terry, Lampard, Drogba, and Cech? Or will it be Barcelona with Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Messi, Puyol, and Deco? Both teams will try to force their trademark styles on each other and the game will be a wonderful clash of these two styles. I look to see Chelsea draw first blood with Lampard scoring on a corner. Roaldinho will lead the charge as Barca try to equalise and get that crucial away goal. I think Eto'o does it for them just after the half. The game will settle down for a while as Barca sit on their away goal and Chelsea try not to let Barca get anything going. But as the match winds down I expect each team to kick it back in gear. I think Crespo gets the winner in the last ten minutes of the match. Prediction: 2-1 Chelsea

AJAX-Inter- (Amsterdam) Well my team will be missing some crucial cogs in Grygera and Galasek. Despite winning against lowly RBC 6-0 this weekend we have been struggling all year long. I expect Inter to dominate a weak Amsterdam side. Markus Rosenberg will score in the second half but it won't be enough. Prediction: 2-1 Inter

In college basketball LSU takes on Vandy tonight in Nashville. I've been down on our team lately, which we don't deserve, but I have not seen much from our last few games. Tyrus Thomas's play has slipped and I'm less-and-less convinced about Glen Davis every game. I think we lose tonight to the Commies.

Also, does anyone want to give me a job?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Update: AJAX 2-0 at the half!!!

Goals to Huntelaar and Rosales! Huntelaar scored four over the weekend, call him up Marco!

GO AJAX

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home