Sunday, February 05, 2006

Random Three

By the way the Jazz Fest lineup for this year ought to be coming out VERY soon. Here's the random three for Sunday February 5:

1)Is You Is Or Is You Ain't (My Baby)- B.B. King and Dr. John
-I don't even know if this is the real name for the song, but whatever, Limewire users are like that. Anyway BB and Mac are fantastic together. I would love to see these two play together at Jazz Fest this year. Mac Rebbenack is my favorite piano player alive, I can't wait to see the Doctor in April/May. Out of five stars: 5!

2)Up the Junction- Squeeze
-I always thought this was a very sweet sounding song. Squeeze is a pretty good band, certainly one of my favorites from the 80's, and this is one of my favorite songs by them. The lyrics tell the story and it all comes together very well with the music. Out of five stars: 3 1/2

3)Here Comes My Girl- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
-God this makes me ready for Bonnaroo. This song FEELS so good, you know you want to tell the world, you know you want to shout it, "HEY! Here comes my girl!" Petty will always be near the top of my list. Out of five stars: 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home