Saturday, February 04, 2006

Random Three

Well here's today's random three:

1)We're Just Friends-Wilco
-This song comes from their third album Summerteeth and is the more low-key song sandwiched between two of the albums more lush, poppier songs: A Shot In The Arm and I'm Always In Love. This song reminds me a lot of some of The Beatles stuff and is driven solely by Tweedy on the piano. Pretty good song. Out of five stars: 3 1/2

2)A Whiter Shade of Pale-Procol Harum
-From my Motown collection comes this song by Procol Harum. Simply put this is probably one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard. There are really very few flaws with this song. Out of five stars: 4

3)Ophelia-The Band
-The Band is in my all-time top 5, all of their work is of a higher quality in my opinion. This song comes from their second-to-last album Northern Lights-Southern Cross and is one of the highlights of that album. Levon Helm sings this one and it has a very carefree feel to it. The trumpet section that backs The Band on this song really makes it a memorable one. As usual when Robbie Robertson's guitar is put in the forefront it simply amazes. This is one of my favorite songs by The Band. Out of five stars: 4 1/2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home