Friday, February 03, 2006

Random Three

Each day I'll post three random songs from my itunes library. Todays three are:

1)Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans- Louis Armstrong with Billie Holiday
-I got this song shortly following the hurricane disaster in New Orleans and it was very appropriate. The quality is a little fuzzy but Armstrong and Holiday are unbelievable together. Out of five stars: 5

2)The Tracks of My Tears- Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
-This was one of the first Motown songs I ever enjoyed. Smokey's voice is so soft and soulful and it works well with his backers on the "I need you" part of the song. In my opinion when he sings "So take a good luck at my face" it is one of the best moments in Motown. Out of five stars: 4

3)Finest Worksong- R.E.M.
-This one comes off the compilations Eponymous, which is one of my favorite albums. R.E.M. has always been one of my favorite bands and this is one of my favorite songs. Like always Stipe's voice is a little mumbley, but that's his style. The opening notes are some of the most energetic and empowering they ever played. Out of five stars: 4 1/2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home