Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Bonus Valentine's Day Material

Here's a few bonus music suggestions for your V-day celebrations:

For those having a loving day:
1)Blue Sky- The Allman Brothers Band
-This is one of my favorite songs by this band and in fact one of my favorite songs of all time. The song evokes such a peaceful easy, contedness that its hard not to love. It is similar to Sugar Magnolia by the Dead in that it makes you thing of a young springtime love.

2)Hotel Yorba- The White Stripes
-This is one of my favorite songs from the White Stripes. It once again has those qualities of newfound love.

3)I Second That Emotion- Smokey Robinson & the Miracles
-A little Motown action is almost mandatory.

4)I'm Always In Love- Wilco
-This one comes from Summerteeth, my favorite Wilco album. Its a sweet song about the romantics who are always in love (obviously). Very catchy, very good.

5)I'm the Man Who Loves You- Wilco
-Another Wilco song. This one is an upbeat song with a lot of nice guitar action. Its one of Wilco's more mainstream pop songs.

For those not loving V-Day:
I'm only offering you two songs, but they are real killers:

1)Via Chicago- Wilco
-Maybe the most depressing song in the history of the world. EVER.

2)Pieholden Suite- Wilco
-Possibly the most beautiful song in the world. EVER. Obviously I'm a fan of superlatives. The second verse always gets me, and the breakdown and transition in the middle/end of the song is the highlight of the album and one of the highlights of their career in my opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home