Friday, February 03, 2006

Bonnaroo Lineup Announced

The second greatest music festival in America (NO Jazz Fest is #1) will take place in Manchester, Tennessee from June 16-18. I plan on being there and celebrating my birthday (June 16) by listening to some good tunes. Here's the lineup: Bonnaroo Lineup

Five bands that I won't miss:
1)Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers- I know Orson and Stranko are burned out on Petty but for me he ranks in my top ten favorite artists. I've always wanted to see Petty in concert and I can't think of anything better than to hear him play "American Girl", "The Waiting", and "Into the Great Wide Open."

2)Phil Lesh and Friends- My #1 band is The Grateful Dead, and even though it isn't the whole band obviously there is no way I'll miss this performance.

3)Dr. John- A New Orleans boy the inheritor of Professor Longhair's New Orleans blues piano (along with the venerable Allen Toussaint.)

4)Rebirth Brass Band- More New Orleans music. Rebirth is one of the most entertaining bands around, and if you don't find yourself getting down to their funk then you have icewater in your veins.

5)moe.- Supposedly one of the best jam bands out there. I might see them during the Mardi Gras holiday when they play in New Orleans. I haven't heard a bad thing about them.

Three I'm Not Excited About:
1)Death Cab For Cutie- I was over them a long time ago. Their brand of indie bores me nowadays.

2)Bright Eyes- See above. Unless if Emmylou Harris or someone like that joins them on stage.

3)Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder- Don't really appeal to me.

The rest I either don't know much about or I could definitely see myself enjoying.

Who I Wish Would Play:
Widespread Panic, String Cheese Incident, Galactic, Soul Rebels Brass Band, Allman Brothers, Wilco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home